The first Sovereign office opened in Gibraltar in 1987 and we have since grown into one of the largest independent corporate and trust service providers in the world. We currently manage over 20,000 clients that include companies, entrepreneurs, private investors or high net worth individuals and their families – and have assets under administration in excess of US$10 billion.
Sovereign has established a network of offices or agents in all major international finance centres, allowing our clients to access a global service from a local point of delivery. We hold the appropriate authorisations in all jurisdictions that require us to be licensed. The group is structured around four principal business lines:
- Sovereign Corporate Services – offers company formation and management across all major jurisdictions, together with the necessary support to assist companies of all sizes to establish and sustain operations successfully.
- Sovereign Private Client Services – provides trustee services, wealth management and succession planning to internationally mobile families and entrepreneurs.
- Sovereign Retirement Planning – devises and administers individual and corporate international pension schemes that offer choice, transparency and portability across multiple jurisdictions.
- Sovereign Insurance Services – offers bespoke personal and corporate insurance services for our clients, wherever they are domiciled.
Sovereign Insurance Services (SIS) is licensed by the Gibraltar Financial Services Commission to act as an insurance intermediary for general insurance business. Our team has a wealth of experience and specialises in providing leading products across a range of markets in Gibraltar and beyond.
The strength of the Sovereign brand combined with the expertise of the team has helped SIS to secure relationships with leading insurers throughout the world, providing real peace of mind, professionalism and an efficient claims handling service.
The range of insurance products available to members of the International Association of Hotel General Managers (IAHGM) currently includes:
- Healthcare insurance – Comprehensive international healthcare insurance is critically important for Association members who are based in many different parts of the world. It is of particular significance in locations where medical facilities may not be of sufficient standard, where there is no state healthcare provision to rely on or where medical costs may be prohibitive. Our healthcare insurance schemes are available on an individual or corporate basis as required. Click here https://www.sis.gi/healthcare-insurance/ for further information or to contact our selected specialist IAHGM partner for advice on the most appropriate insurance product to meet your needs.
- Personal Accident insurance – Effective personal accident insurance is essential for Association members that are based in any location where medical facilities may not be of sufficient standard or where medical costs may be prohibitive. Our PA insurance policies can be tailored to include medical and political evacuations, if required. Click here https://www.sis.gi/healthcare-insurance/ for further information or to contact our selected specialist IAHGM partner for advice on the most appropriate insurance product to meet your needs.
- Business Travel insurance – Specialist business travel insurance can include cover for business equipment, medical expenses, loss and cancellation. Protecting employees from personal loss when travelling on the company’s business is regarded as an essential benefit and is a natural extension to a corporate healthcare plan. Click here https://www.sis.gi/travel-insurance/ for further information or to contact our selected specialist IAHGM partner for advice on the most appropriate insurance product to meet your needs.
- Professional Liability insurances – This cover is an essential part of your business insurance package. Even with the best intentions, accidental errors and disputes over quality can be a minefield in today’s increasingly litigious business environment. Our selected insurance partner is a specialist in the provision of appropriate Professional Indemnity and Directors & Officers cover to meet the unique liability concerns of those employed in the international hotel and hospitality industries. Click here https://www.sis.gi/liability-insurance/ for further information or to contact our selected specialist IAHGM partner for advice on the most appropriate insurance product to meet your needs.
- Cyber and Data Loss insurance – In today’s digital world, cyber liability insurance is designed to support and protect your business if it suffers a data breach or malicious cyber attack. This can disrupt your business and lead to lost revenue, reputational damage and regulatory fines. Click here https://www.sis.gi/cyber-liability-insurance/ for further information or to contact our selected specialist IAHGM partner for advice on the most appropriate insurance product to meet your needs.
- Kidnap & Ransom insurance – In the more hazardous regions of the world, a comprehensive K&R insurance policy is a necessity to enable businesses and individuals to respond quickly and professionally to threatening situations. It offers cover against a variety of risks including threats, extortions or abductions. Click here https://www.sis.gi/kidnap-ransom-insurance/ for further information or to contact our selected specialist IAHGM partner for advice on the most appropriate insurance product to meet your needs.
- Security Risk Management – As part of the K&R service we can provide organisations and individuals with a comprehensive security risk management report, which is essential to minimise exposure to the threat of kidnap or extortion in certain parts of the world. Click here KNR@SIS.gi to contact our selected specialist IAHGM partner that can provide this unique service for Association members. This specialist provider can also provide rapid crisis management services in the event of incidents such as natural disasters or terrorist attacks. Outline details are available on request, all enquiries will be on a strictly confidential basis
We may receive revenue on member-generated activity which maintains the quality and diversity of our services, hence further benefiting members. All costs incurred in marketing specific member benefits programs are borne by the member benefits partners.
Only registered members, will be able to access this exclusive benefit. Please ensure your membership is active, and has been fully paid.